- Got IOx working on IR829 with no issues .
- Followed this guide to setup the environment: https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-60826
- Didn't want to configure NAT since there is no requirement to connect this to a public network.
- Now unable to browse to the local manager. (https:.//192.168.1.100:8443)
- <====Details Removed======>
- Done a packet capture and try to browse to the local manager is showing a TCP RST and Web Browser says "Connection Refused"
- For the workaround to work need to be able to telnet to the Guest-OS and not able to do that. Getting a connection refused.
Follow the steps below to resolve the issue:
1) You need to Reverse SSH into the GOS (in my case 192.168.1.100)
a) Use the user/Pass you created for Priv 15
2) Check the services
Cannot translate 'Customer-IR829-GOS-1' to FQDN name -- Temporary Failure in name resolution
The Monit daemon 5.14 uptime: 15h 58m
Process 'dmo' Running
File 'product_id' Accessible
File 'hwid' Accessible
File 'svcbr0' Accessible
File 'ioxcaps' Accessible
Process 'caf' Not Monitored
3) Perform steps to change PID in the caf process
b) Post on issue here:
4) Edit /etc/hosts file to include the hostname for the GOS (in my case Customer-IR829-GOS-1)
5) Restart the caf service
a) GOS#monit start caf