I'm new to UCSD and struggeling with associating a NetApp LUN to a VMware Datastore.
- Built a VMware Storage Policy
- not sure what to choose for Data Stores within the Policy, have taken ALL
- Assigned the Policy to my virtual Data Center
- Created a NetApp Volume and LUN
- Worked. I can see the Volume and LUN with the correct size (within my SVM)
- I have taken the NetApp 'Associate LUN as Datastore' Task
- Configured the values (Filer identity, SVM, mount options etc.)
- The newly created LUN was available to choose as LUN Path
- When I execute the Task it stops at 'waiting for VM LUN path'. This message appears 3 times and afterwards I guess I run into a timeout and the Tasks fails.
- When I manually try to associate the LUN in my vCenter it works.
Not sure if I forgot something with the storage profile. Not sure how I can add the LUN as a datastore. Maybe I took the wrong Task within the workflow designer. I was thinking about taking a VMware Task but there is non. I might have to create an own script. I have seen there are a couple of scrips but non for NetApp, most for EMC.
take a look here there are example work flows to create datastores
I have the same issue that is described above. I'm trying to create an iSCSI lun and want to present it as a datastore to VMware. I feel like the lun path I provide as input should be the right one as I take it from the output of a previous task in which I create the lun.
I also looked at the workflow index you linked but didn't find a resolving solution to this. Do you have any other thoughts?
Another issue as part of this lun creation is that I would like the lun to be thin provisioned and by default it turns out to be thick. There does not seem to be a field where I can change this setting and I was wondering if that is possible somehow!