- Looks like APIC-EM will not load an image if the specified version is already on the equipment.Is that correct..
- Is it fair to say then that at the image level APIC-EM is idempotent (will not update if already in desired state).
- As to the configuration, assuming that it will load the specified config file regardless.
As to the first part of the question its looking like the answer is Yes. See the log message below which quite explicitly states that the image was not updated since thats what the device already had!
|2016-12-09 10:23:26 (Pacific Standard Time)||Device was successfully deployed!!|
|2016-12-09 10:23:20 (Pacific Standard Time)||Save startup Configuration was performed successfully|
|2016-12-09 10:23:12 (Pacific Standard Time)||Running configuration upgrade to pnp2-cofig.txt was performed successfully|
|2016-12-09 10:22:04 (Pacific Standard Time)||Image was not updated to cat3k_caa-universalk9.SPA.03.06.05.E.152-2.E5.bin since device is already running the same image|
- in regards to the second question, the controller needs to load the configuration again.
- The only way PnP should start is day 0, when there is no existing configuration.
- Yes, if the image is present, it is not uploaded again.
Image will not be uploaded if device runs the same version and rule for that serial number created.
If you claim switch from "Unplanned devices" and select image version APIC-EM will push it to the end device regardless.