- Want to compare APIC-EM and ONOS for building campus networks.
- For the cisco environment, we have a 1941 router, 2 Catalyst 3650 and 3 Catalyst 2960x. The router and the 2960 switches are in the managed status in APIC-EM.But having problems with the 3650 switches while trying to integrate them using the following IOS:
- 03.07.07E: The device can be discovered (status, icmp, snmp, cli are green in the discovery page). But when I switch to the device inventory page, the status is set to DEV-UNREACHED which indicates tome problems with snmp. I have configured snmp exactly the same as it is configured for the router and access switch.
- 16.03.01a: I upgraded one of the 3650 switches with this version as 16.x is also recommended for APIC-EM. Now the status in the discovery page is different: ICMP, CLI is ok but I have an snmp timeout.
- APIC-EM is installed on a cluster with 2 nodes. Each service is started at least once and CPU,RAM and Disk are not overloaded.
In your discovery, could you change the Timeout under "SNMP PROPERTIES" to 30 seconds Probably your device is not responding within the timeout period.
You can find the Timeout parameter either in the "Add Credentials" part in discovery or in the controller settings that can be reached from the top right corner when the user id is clicked.
This has been improved with 1.3.1 patch release.