The Park Monitoring feature allows you to monitor the status of parked calls. This feature improves the user experience of retrieving the parked calls. When TAPI receives a parked call notification, a call representing the parked call is generated, and the call is set to CONNECTED INACTIVE state. The parked call is set to IDLE when it is retrieved or forwarded to Park Monitoring Forward No Retrieve Destination.
DEVSPECIFIC_PARK_STATUS event is sent when call is parked, reminded, retrieved, and aborted.
LineDevSpecificSLDST_SET_STATUS_MESSAGESare enhanced to allow the application to enable/disable DEVSPECIFIC_PARK_STATUS event.
When Cisco TSP receives the LINE_PARK_STATUS event for the newly parked call, Cisco TSP simulates a call for each of the newly parked call using the SubID received from the LINE_PARK_STATUS event, and notifies the application about the new parked call using the LINE_NEWCALL event.
Cisco TSP uses LINE_CALLSTATE event to notify changes in the park status to the application. The park status in the LINE_CALLSTATE event can be one of the following:
- Parked -indicates a call is parked by the TSP monitored Cisco Unified IP phone.
- Retrieved -indicates a previously parked call is retrieved.
- Abandoned -indicates a previously parked call is disconnected while waiting to be retrieved.
- Reminder -indicates the park monitoring reversion timer for the parked call has expired.
- Forwarded -indicates the parked call has been forwarded to the configured Park Monitoring Forward No Retrieve destination, or if the FNR destination is not configured, the call is forwarded back to the parker.
When Cisco TSP receives the LINE_PARK_STATUS event, it maps the existing CALLINFO structure with the fields received from LINE_PARK_STATUS event. The application then retrieves the updated structure by invoking lineGetCallInfo.
To maintain the existing behavior of the Park feature for the Cisco Unified IP Phones running SIP, you can set the value of the Park Monitoring Forward No Retrieve Destination timer equal to the existing Call Park Duration timer and leave the Park Monitoring Forward No Retrieve Destination blank.
N.B: To override the Park Monitoring feature for the Cisco Unified IP Phones running SIP, turn off the DEVSPECIFIC_PARK_STATUS message flag by using the lineDevSpecific SLDST_SET_STATUS_MESSAGES request.
This feature is backward compatible.