- Have angered the IOx Gnomes.
- Got a docker application deployed on an IR829.
- The Application wasn't getting an IP from the Bridge Network DHCP.
- Followed the steps here: No IP from bridge network on IOx
- And that worked amazing. Now getting IP Addresses. However, now when you tell the application to "Start" it attempts to start then it just stops .
- Have tried, deactiving/reactivating, Un-Deploy/Re-Deploy and unable to figure out what happened to start causing tihs issue.
What kind of application are you running in the Docker.
For C app, as Docker type applications are not based on /sbin/init to make the container alive and to start the init scripts, you need to use some loop application which will run in the background to make the container alive.
For details for how to develop Docker apps on IOx, please refer to Cisco DevNet: IOx - IOx - IOx (go to App Development --> Docker Demo Apps, and C based simple app - IOx Docs as a C based Docker app as an example).
- Got a simple python script running inside the docker container.
Figured this one out. Turns out if your App starts and then immediately stops it's likely due to something erroring out. In one case it looks like when you modified the GOS and restarted it; it corrupted one of the libraries that was being used.