If you have 500 devices, you can run a single node in 32G RAM + 12cpu. Look for the 1.3 release notes for all the details. 20K devices will be 64G as usual
Release Notes for Cisco Application Policy Infrastructure Controller Enterprise Module, Release 1.3.0.x - Cisco
- Will EasyQoS app run with 32GB available to the cluster.
- Another way to ask - will base apps and EasyQoS run with two nodes or just base apps
32g node is full function. Limited to 500 devices.
- See in the "General Limitations" Section that PfR is not supported with DMVPN tunnels in this release.... Does this state that in release 1.3, we cannot use/deploy IWAN and utilize PfR at the same time, since the IWAN transport is over DMVPN.
IWAN App does support PfR and DMVPN. No question about this.There are quite a few enhancements to the resiliency and logging of the deployment process.
Path Trace will support DMVPN, but not PfR yet. What this means is that Path Trace will show you the DMVPN tunnel, but does not (yet) look at the PfR information to see which path an application is using.
- One other question regarding topology and deployment. Does the APIC-EM collect the AVC and NBAR data used to calculate decisions for PfR. Or does an APIC-EM deployment with PfR, AVC, NBAR, etc require a net flow collector like Prime or Live Action to make PfR decisions.
APIC does not actually collect the AVC data. It does two things:
1) It configures the data export to a collector of your choice.
2) It has API integration into Prime Infrastructure (if you are using that as a collector) to show the data.
If you are using Prime Infra then you will get visibility in the IWAN App.
- Is a netflow collector required for PfR to work. Customer currently has solarwinds as its netflow collector, collector license for Prime is List 20k.
Net flow gives you visibility into how the applications are performing. It is really exporting the information that PfR has and uses to makes intelligent decisions.
As long as your collector supports the right flow templates, you can use any collector. Have tested PI + LiveAction.
In the IWAN App, you are able to enter the IP address of your collector and it will be added to the configuration to ensure the export.
The value of PI is the API integration to show the information natively in IWAN app. You get apps and QoS graphs like you see below.
- Any plan to support ASR900 series and ME1200. Those 2 are getting hot nowadays and we need to provision them quickly, currently we are still using script on management ethernet port (still using staging area...),
you can use the "I wish this page would" option at the bottom left to "Make a wish".
These all get sent through to product management. You will also get a reply too.
Please sign in to leave a comment.