Want to connect APIC-EM with Prime Infrastructure.but it does not work. Is there any requirement to be considered other than inserting the APIC IP Address, Username, Password, etc. want to connect it to use APIC-EM for Plug and Play Zero touch instead of Plug and Play Gateway.
- Use APIC-EM for PnP should work.
- Solution Guide for Cisco Network Plug and Play - Cisco
- It works CA2/3 with PI 3.0
Have installed CA2 release and PnP is working now. But getting a provisioning error:
- Provisioning is done in VLAN1
- LAN Management is done in VLAN 101
After shutting down in the deployment configuration file APIC-EM is losing the connection.
The Patch for PI 3.0 - (3.0.2) is available now. Check CCO.
1. use pnp vlan configuration on the uplink switch port
2. use no negotiate on the uplink
the uplink port goes into error becuase of SPT inconsistancy.
After the configuration is downloaded from APIC-EM:
- VLAN1 is shutdown
- Vlan101 management vlan is up
It seems that APIC-EM is waiting for a response from the pnp agent but is always receiving a request which forces the switch to load the configuration file over and over again.
- This is the error message:
- Received new work request from Agent while expecting work response. Retrying operation PROVISIONING_CONFIG
- When deploying our configuration file a kron script triggers a tcl script to reload all interfaces automatically to ensure autosmartport is triggered. Could this cause the problem ..
if the configuration is deployed then expect that APIC-EM can connect to the switch. While booting no manual intervention after that, yes. But the deployment should go into provisioned if the entire configuration is written to the switch with success.