Customer has a platform that hosts different online learning courses. https://course.tc/catalog
They want to host live trainings on Meeting Center and Event Center.
They want a customer to go to their site, sign in with their name/email/etc, and then click the link to go into a Webex.
1) Can a Webex meeting start from their website once someone signs up?
2) Can the registration info the end customer's clients enter be automatically pushed to Event Center's registration workflow? (i.e. EC requiring fill out first name and email)... can this also work for MC?
3) Can Webex push Event Center data/reports straight to their platform?
1. The WebEx XML API's have a function called GetjoinurlMeeting that will return a link that can drop an attendee directly into a meeting.
2. You can add attendees to any Service type on the fly with CreateMeetingAttendee call, works for MC, EC, TC, SC, etc.
3. The WebEx XML API's HistoryService has post-meeting stats and historical data published within 48-72h after the session has ended.. The integration would have to retrieve the data on its own, we cant 'push it' in any traditional sense.
Thank you so much! I relayed this to customer. He had 1 last question....
When their clients are using their platform, and wanted to get into an instant meeting,
Notes I took from his call:
When ppl join our courses, it is not just webinar, it is platform involved in there. When they are in the course, writing in forums, writing content, then want to join an event specifically--- would then yeed to register again? We have a place on our platform for folks to do those events? It is not embeddable. If you cannot embed webex in, can they j
5pm someone is in platform, someone clicks the link, what they happens… goes to dedicated url techchange.webex.com?…fill in name/email?
-company is able to set up ahead of time these meetings, they just want to know what the workflow is.
The GetjoinurlMeeting Call I referenced earlier has fields for all required information that may be needed by WebEx to join the meeting.. You can collect all the required fields your self, summit this request with them and we will return a URL you can redirect the Attendee too that will immediately launch the WebEx client without any prompts from the WebEx Site.
If any of the required fields are omitted then before the WebEx Client app launches they will see a simple WebEx page requesting them to input the required information to join the meeting. (First/Last/Email/MeetingKey/etc)
If any of the required fields are incorrect a simple error message will be displayed, such as: Invalid Meeting Key or something along those lines.
There is another Similar API Call for hosts that get links that can join Hosts into there meetings and start them off.
One another question from same customer who uses Linux:
I believe that's probably the case. Do you know if the chrome plugin or app are available for Linux? I am running Ubuntu 16.04. Not a problem if not, just curious.
Appreciate the follow-up.
(What I said first):
On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 5:10 PM, Jeffrey Sloan (jefsloan) <email@example.com> wrote:
During out meeting when you couldn’t share your screen, it is because you might have been on the “temporary application” when you signed into webex. Versus downloading the chrome plug-in or app.
Jeff Sloan, CPA