I will very much appreciate your help, regarding the problem I am facing. (the issue is quite a blocker)
Goal: get all meetings and their info for a user (including the ones that he is invited to, not only the ones hosted by him). (XML API).
- Workflow1 (PROBLEM_1: this way I get only the hosted meeting)
1. Get user meetings -> I have managed to get meetings via 'LstsummaryMeeting' service.
2. Get meeting info (participants and host/attendee url) -> I have managed to get the information by calling 'GetMeeting' service for participants and 'GethosturlMeeting'/'GetjoinurlMeeting' services respectivly for host/attendee via (meeting_key).
1. 'LstsummarySession' service, where I can easily filter meetings only and I can get all meetings (including the ones the user is invited to).
2. I can also call the 'GethosturlMeeting'/'GetjoinurlMeeting' services, passing the session_key and retrieve the join urls.
PROBLEM_2: How can I get participants information for a meeting -> it is not returned by calling 'GetSessionInfo', neither I can retrieve it by calling 'GetMeeting' service, cause I have no meeting_key, only session_key.
I have found a way by calling 'LstMeetingAttendee' service, but there I get 'error 500: Access denied, additional privileges are required' (I assume that the requesting user must be admin/host to obtain attendees for a meeting by its session_key)
Please tell me if I am missing something to achieve my goal via the workflows I have tried or if there is another way. Thank you in advance.
LstsummarySession supports returning sessions that the host is invited to, this would be recommended over Lstsummarymeeting. LstMeetingAttendee returns the list of invited attendees for a session as it's main purpose, invited attendees are also returned via GetMeeting, along with a lot of other information that makes this command more inefficient than LstMeetingAttendee to retrieve attendee list.
Thanks for the reply,
I cannot call GetMeeting without a meetingKey. Too bad GetMeeting service does not consume sessionKey as well. On the other hand GetSessionInfo does not return participants. There might be some thought behind that I don't know.
I wanted to get ALL information for a meeting with the smalles amount of requests, so I had to send the request LstMeetingAttendee with the host user - managed to achieve it, although wasn't too straight forward.
MeetingKey and SessionKey are different names for the same thing. You can use a Meeting Center session key in the MeetingKey attribute of GetMeeting.
Well, I did try to use sessionKey for GetMeeting and it wasn't working, they have different values and I saw in documentation that session_key is more for internal use.
Just to clarify - we are developing a google-calendar like widget -> the user needs to see all hist meetings and then onclick/onhover of a meeting he should see more info for the meeting.
Bottom Line there are two drawbacks, correct me if I'm wrong.
1. User cannot get ALL his meetings with 1 request to webex (have to create 1 with 'invited=true' and 1 with 'invited=false')
2. After the use has all his meetings and he wants to see information for it (joinUrl and participants) multiple request have to be made and for the participants the request has to be with the user, that hosted the meeting.
Thanks for the input.
Point 1 is correct, one call for invited, one call for hosted.
For point 2, there is a command GetSessionInfo, which is designed to return meeting details to attendees. This command takes session key and optional session password, if required, to return detailed meeting information.