I'm looking to determine the best path for enabling control of the DX80 over a network connection. From the spec sheets, it doesn't appear as though it's available natively, as it is on the codecs that run the TC series software. Is the recommended approach an Android app for the device with a custom protocol to access the features we'd like to control?
Thanks in advance for suggestions.
What kind of control are you looking for implement? For call control (click-to-dial, screenpops, etc.) you may want to look at the TAPI/JTAPI APIs:
There are also the standard Android telephony APIs and the Cisco DX Series Telephony API (provides additional access to the 'enterprise' telephony capabilities on the device) available to onboard Android apps:
Thanks for the input! I've been evaluating the onboard Android App approach with the DX Series Telephony API.
I do have a follow up question. Do you know if it's possible to toggle the "Source" button back to external monitor mode after a call has ended? For context, here's the scenario I'm trying to prototype:
- DX80 displays external HDMI (automatically selected after boot up, if connected)
- Launch call using Telephony API (working) - monitor switches from external HDMI to display call
- End call using Telephony API (working)
- When the call ends, the monitor displays the Call UI instead of automatically switching back to external HDMI
- Is it possible to command the DX80 to display external HDMI
Unfortunately I'm not aware of any way to configure or automate that...sounds like an enhancement is needed