What is the difference between the Finesse Team Notification and the Team - Get Team REST API?
The Team - Get Team REST API:
- Returns a list of User objects for all of the users in that team.
- The response will contain every user's information (e.g. name, agent state, extension, etc.) at once.
- The data will be the information at that current time. So, if a change happens after the response is sent to the application, the application will not get that update.
- Polling would need to be used if the application uses the REST API to monitor the team's user information.
The Finesse Team Notification:
- The notifications follows a subscription model.
- The subscriber receives a notification whenever information of a user in the team changes. For example, if agent001 goes from Not Ready to Ready, the supervisor who is subscribed to the Team Notification will get a notification of this change.
- Will not require polling.
- The application will get the latest information instantly.