How do you add third-party gadgets to the Finesse Agent Desktop?
Finesse allows the out of the box Agent Desktop to be customized by adding gadgets to the desktop.
Assuming that you have the files for a working Finesse gadget, do the following to upload and add it to the Finesse Agent Desktop:
- Upload the gadget to a web server. There are two options for this step. You can use a third-party web server or you can use the Finesse server to host the gadget.
- If you use a third-party web server, you are on your own for this step. Make sure Finesse can access the third-party web server.
- If you use the Finesse server as the web server:
- Get the URL of the gadget. This URL will be used in the Finesse Desktop layout. Make sure this URL is accessible by the Finesse server.
- In the Finesse Administration Console, add the gadget to the Finesse Desktop layout. Instructions for this step can be found in Manage Desktop Layout section of the Finesse Administration Guide. Make sure to select the Finesse Administration guide that matches the version of Finesse you are using.
- Log in and verify that the gadget is added to the Finesse Agent Desktop.
- If the gadget is not loaded, make sure that the gadget was added for the correct user role. Agents and supervisors have a different desktop layout.