1. What is the portal URL for Cisco Kinetic Gateway Management and Data Control Management module?
US - Cisco Kinetic
EU - Cisco Kinetic
2. How can I sign up?
Click on "Support" on the Top Right corner of the site (use the URLs above). Send in your request and we will add you.
For users who are not Cisco Employees, also please contact your Cisco Sales Person to help you.
3. Where is the Help documentation for Gateway Management and Data Control Management module?
The “Help” link is on the Top Right corner of the Portal above. You need DevNet account to access Help docs.
4. Can any IR8x9 be managed from Cisco Kinetic GW Mgmt Portal?
No. It has to be “Provisioned” correctly with right image / cert / call home config. Currently we support IR809 and IR829.
5. How do I provision an IR8x9 to be cloud managed?
6. How do I Claim a Gateway to Cloud Manage it ?
7. How can I create a Gateway Configuration template before I claim it?
8. How do I check the health of the Gateway?
Gateway Health and App Management Health
9. Where is the Sample IOX Application ?
Download the tar.gz file from here
10. How can I install the Sample IOX application?
11. Where does the Sample IOX App read sensor data from?
By default the Sample IOX application reads data from a file. But it can be modified to read the sensor data from RPi+Sensehat module also easily.
The app will read sensor values from a Raspberry Pi + Sensehat attached to your gateway and send that data to the cloud. The app also provides the ability to use rule sets that filter, throttle, and transform the data before it is sent to the cloud.
Note: The Raspberry Pi should have a SenseHat module running the SenseHat app.
12. Where is the code(SenseHat app) to run on Raspberry Pi?
13. What is the Protocol used to publish data from IOX Application to the portal?
MQTT over TLS.
14. Can any application randomly publish data into the portal?
No. You need a User Name, Password, MQTT Topic and Broker URL provided by the portal.
15. If you have to build a new IOX App what do you leverage?
Use the Java SDK from here - https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/iotsp-device-sdk-java
And IOX App Development related info here
Please sign in to leave a comment.